CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas and Recovery


This Christmas was not only exciting and fun but productive at the same time. I found out that I needed to have a laperoscoptic surgery to remove some cysts and the best time to schedule it turned out to be 2 days before Christmas. Lucky me! I went in for surgery on December 23rd and it was successful. Poor Abe had to wait, by himself for me to be done, at the hospital all day from 7:30 am to 4 pm! I am sure it was a long day for him but he took good care of me when I got home. I spent the next day sleeping.
What Abe didn't know is that I had secretly been saving my money this year to buy him something special for Christmas that I knew he really wanted but would never buy for himself because he is way too practical. So Christmas Eve I got up at 3 am to set out the gifts. I still felt pretty sore and groggy from pain meds but I was so excited for Abe to wake up that morning and see that Santa had come for him. haha

This was how it looked when he came out. The stockings were not under the tree before and neither were any of the blue gifts....

He could not tell why I was so excited for him to get up that morning because we had decided that other than the piano he bought for me we were not doing gifts this year because our Florida trip was our Christmas present to ourselves.
The funniest part was that when he came out he didn't notice the presents at all! He thought they were empty boxes that I had wrapped as decoration because there were two boxes that I actually did that to.

In Abe's stocking he got a hat(the one he is wearing) for when he runs outside in the morning and a large thing of red peppers because he loves them and puts them on everything. In my stocking I got a special Christmas treat that I love.

Next was the big gift which he still had not noticed. I told him to open it and he was surprised by its weight because he expected an empty box. haha It was definitely not empty though...he got a Wii system! He was really excited and totally surprised.

He also got a Wii fit which will probably be more for me than him but he was still happy.

And lastly he got the Tiger Woods golf game from my parents to go with his new Wii and an extra remote. The golf game has turned out to be his favorite thing for sure!

It made me so happy to give him an exciting Christmas. It was also great because I was still recovering from surgery and I ended up sleeping the rest of the day and it gave him something to do.

Earlier in the month we got me this digital piano which I absolutely love! This was my big Christmas gift for the year. I also got Harry Potter 2, 3 and 6 so now we have them all which gave me something to watch while I was in bed recovering.

It is a tradition of ours to do puzzles during the holidays with this one I think we bit off a little more than we could chew. It is a 1500 piece Christmas puzzle and we are still not done with it. That afternoon Abe helped me make cinnamon buns for lunch which were super yummy, but that was not all Abe made that day...
That evening I woke up just in time to get the table ready and talk Abe through some cooking instructions so we could have Christmas dinner with our good friend's Bonnie and Chris. Abe made a turkey breast, candied yams, mashed potatoes and stuffing! What a great husband to do all of that by himself! Our friends brought over a yummy honey baked ham, green bean casserole, rolls and a delicious home made pumpkin pie. It was one of the first real meals I had eaten in days and it was so delicious I can't even tell you!

This picture was actually taken a few weeks ago when we first got my piano but since it was my favorite thing I wanted to show it off. I haven't had a piano in years but I love to play. It has been a lot of fun having music in the house again.

It was a great Christmas. After our yummy dinner the boys played Wii golf while Bonnie and I worked on the incredibly difficult puzzle. It was a great end to a great Christmas, we are very blessed.

I am now feeling much better and hope to be 100% in another week. I want to publicly thank my cute husband for taking care of me and doing so much cooking and cleaning.
You are the best, thanks babe!

6 comments:

Nate said...

Wow! Meg, I am so sorry that you had to go through that. I am glad that you are doing well. Abe, I am impressed with your mad cooking skills. If the Freddie Mac thing does not work out, you could do a cooking show.
We are very jealous of the Wii. I just hope that tiger woods golf does not cheat on you with your wii fit. I hear that he has kind of a reputation.

Melinda said...

Chris got the Tiger Woods game too! We did the same thing -- Disneyland was our Christmas gift so we each just got one present. I missed you on Christmas. Glad you're feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

I;m glad your okay! Thats stupid:) I'm glad you still enjoyed Christmas though. Miss ya!!

The Condies said...

Meg...I am so glad your surgery went well. I hope you will be fully recovered soon :) Congrats on the piano, that is way fun and I'm totally jealous!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenny and Brett said...

Megan, I'm sorry you had to go through all of that so close to Christmas! I'm glad everything went well though! What would we do without our husbands taking care of us??
Thank you for all of your support and kind words on my blog! I definitely caught some sort of runing bug, but I don't feel ready for a full marathon...yet :)