CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Getting Crafty

In the last couple of months before moving out of my parents house I got the urge to get really crafty. I had already been croshaying a blanket for a friend of mine that instead of being the small throw blanket I had intended became the size of a king size bed before I finished it.

Then I thought I would make use of my moms sewing machine and make some pillows for our new couches. I had never used a sewing machine before and I had never done patch work before which is obvious if you look closely at the pillows that have patch work on them(none of my lines match up correctly). But for a beginner I was pleased with how they turned out. I was inspired by my friend Laura and her super cute pillows and even stole the idea for the first one here from one of hers.



My mom and I had started making these car seat covers last July before the boys were even born but we had never finished them so I finally did it and I wish I had done it sooner. It helps the boys to sleep at church and when we are out and about not having the light in their faces.
Lastly I made bumper pads for their cribs because Jace kept getting his arms and legs stuck through the bars. My pediatrician said not to use bumpers or put anything in the cribs with them that they could suffocate on so that is why they are attached to the outside and it works great for just keeping limbs instead the crib. Jace has also discovered that if he wakes up and is bored he can pull on the strings for fun and a few of them are already needing repairs. What a stinker.

The fabric goes with the super cute baby quilts my moms friend made for them. She works in a fabric store so I went to the same store and found the fabric for the pads there. They look so cute together!

Now that we are in our house I think I will take a short break from crafts so I can get the hang of doing things by myself all day everyday. However, it felt great to be doing something creative again. I felt more like myself then I had since before the boys were born.

1 comments:

Josh and Laura said...

cute projects!!! I love them!