CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cakes and Christmas Parties

For our Ward Christmas Party I made a very large and delicious Andie's Mint Chocolate fondant cake. I had never done piping with icing before, and while it is not perfect, I was pretty proud of how it turned out.

I really liked how the top turned out but I ran out of time and couldn't do what I planned on doing on the sides and ended up with these three trees, oh well...

It was four layers of Chocolate fudge cake with bits of Andie's mint in it, then three layers of practically pure Andie's mint melted down and then topped off with fondant. It was really yummy!

Two nights ago we got together with our friends for a Christmas party. Even our good friends the Kohn's were visiting from California and were able to be there! We ate at a restaurant called Taste of the Worlds and it was pretty good. You can get Indian, Thia, or Mexican food there and surprisingly it is all good.

After we went to our friends the Purdy's home for some hot chocolate , wessel some birthday Bochliva because it was Jess's birthday. Dannie did such a good job with everything it was very gourmet, not the package stuff.


We had a couple very intense games of Jenga.

We also played a gift exchange game where the Bells went away with about half of the gifts! Sadly, Abe and I ended up with nothing. I actually had about 3 items until they were all stolen, but Abe wasn't lucky enough to roll a 7 or an 11 with the dice the entire game and never got a chance to pick a gift.
I had never had Bochliva before and I obviously don't know how to spell it either, but it was really delicious! Even Abe liked it and he doesn't like a lot of desert foods.

We are so lucky to have such great friends! Merry Christmas to everyone!

5 comments:

lissa said...

The cake turned out so cute!! Next time you come into town, you can make me one...it sounds really good.

Kati said...

I am so impressed with your cake making skills! That is one hobby I try to avoid at all costs. Making beautiful cakes is a talent that not many people have!

You look absolutely beautiful in that first picture...I am so glad you guys have such good friends in DC.

Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Wow...I am super impressed that cake looks sooooooooo awesome!!

B said...

I didn't see the cake so I don't think you really made it. Make me one and then I'll be able to tell. ;)

Last Friday was fun. Let's do it again!

dannii said...

YAY!!! i love the cool club! i , too, am still so amazed that abe like the baklava - haha. that cake looks like heaven. i had no idea you were such a talented cake decorator. can i get that andes mint recipe? i have never heard of a cake that way before and it sounds delicious.

you look so beauitful by the way. i love your hair and smile. yay for friends!