CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Christmas Lights at the Maryland Temple


A few weeks ago Abe and I went to a Messiah Sing-a-long up by the Maryland Temple. Afterwards we walked around the Temple grounds to see the beautiful lights and walked through the Christmas displays they had in the visitor center. It is one of our favorite holiday traditions! This guy is there every year sitting outside the visitor center every single night and greets people as they walk around and wishes you a Merry Christmas. We thought it was so great we took our picture with him this year.

The Temple is always beautiful but I especially love it when the grounds are all light up!

inside the visitor center they had displayed nativity scenes from countries around the world. The one above was Abe's favorite from Guatamala.

I had two favorite the one above was from Switzerland and it was really intricately detailed wood carvings and the one below I liked just because it was so tiny, I thought it was cute. Made with pearls in an oyster shell from New Zealand.



A very nice man offered to stand in the snow so we could have a picture with both of us in front of the Temple. Thanks nice man! It just doesn't feel like Christmas till we have gone to see the lights at the Temple.

4 comments:

B said...

Cute pics! We're going Saturday to see the lights and I'm excited. We loved it last year.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melinda said...

I was going to comment on how pretty the lights are, but I'm so excited about this amazing investment opportunity I just can't think about anything else. I'm going to put together a funny sum of money and become a happy investor right away! what the???

Karissa Kay said...

We went a few weeks ago to see the lights. it was so fun! Meg, your hair looks so cute! I love it. Have a great Christmas!