CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cutest House I've Ever Seen!

Does this mailbox look familiar to you? It should to anyone who has seen the movie "UP!". My mom called me yesterday and asked if I wanted to go see this cute house in the parade of homes. They had re-created the house from the movie "UP!" and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. This house was so accurate, down to every detail they could manage. I wish I had taken a picture of every room.

It truly looks exactly like the house in the movie even down to the shingles on the roof!

These people were dressed up like the characters and they were so cute. If the boy was chubbier it would have been perfect.
My mom and I both absolutely loved the kitchen with its retro appliances. These are all actually brand new, nice appliances. They are just retro fitted to make them look like they are from the time period of the movie.
I may have to have a kitchen like this one day, it's just so adorable.


I love that they found the exact furniture too.

What a cute nursery. If Abe would let me I might be tempted to paint something like that on the boys wall in their new room.

They even made it look like all of his neck ties were hanging in his room and they had his and hers glasses on the night tables.
There were framed pictures of them all over the house.
One of the builders was there showing people the house and he had the "Ellie pin" on his shirt so I had to take a picture of it.
What a happy looking house.
Even places where the movie never showed you were decked out as if it were the actual house lived in by Carl and Ellie.
The rooms I didn't take pictures of were down stairs. There were 2 more bedrooms and a media room. One of the bedrooms was designed to look identical to Andy's room from "Toy Story" and the other was a Disney princess room. They were both super cute. The media room was the most modern room in the house and had a projection screen on the wall with the movie "UP!" playing continuously.

It was seriously the cutest house ever and can you believe that someone will eventually buy this house and get to live in it! If you have the money to buy it you would have to just buy the furniture that they have staged in it as well. It just wouldn't be the same without the staged furniture. Anyway, it was totally worth the drive to Herriman and lugging the boys around to see this house.

1 comments:

Lauren said...

SOO cool! Thanks for sharing pictures. I heard about this a few weeks ago when the girls & I were out visiting, but we weren't able to make it out, so it's neat being able to see it! Looks like a lot of fun!