CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 5, 2011

Meg's 30th Birthday Weekend!

I have already tried posting this once and for some reason it didn't post and I lost everything!  So annoying...
So I had the most amazing 30th birthday weekend!  Yes, that's right, I got an entire weekend of celebrating instead of just a day.  My birthday happened to land on Thanksgiving this year, which it does every 7 years.  As a child I always felt bad because I thought my birthday was overshadowed by Thanksgiving.  So this year for my big 30 my family decided to have my birthday overshadow Thanksgiving.  

We were the last to arrive not realizing that it had been planned that way and I was totally shocked that instead of Thanksgiving it was a birthday surprise party for me with all of my favorite foods!  I am still thinking about the yorksire pudding and pink cake (cherry chip cake with cherry frosting) yummmy!

After dinner all my cute nieces and nephews gave me birthday cards they had made for me before I got there.  I also got a gift card for Out back steak house from my sweet sister Lissa and I can't wait to go there!  My parents gave me a bag of york peppermint patties (my favorite candy) a box of Lord of the Rings Pez dispensers haha and four 8X10 pictures of my Abe and I and the boys that my mom took for us and I wanted to frame.  Later that night my brother Rob and his wife Monica and their kids called to wish me a happy birthday and told me to check my email.  There was a gift card to Amazon.com in there.  Yeah!  I love gift cards!  It was a really great birthday.  Thank you Price family!

 To make it the perfect day.  My friend Brooke and her family drove all the way from Las Vegas for my birthday and got to our house around midnight.  They are the best most thoughtful friends ever!

I wish I had pictures of it but I didn't take any of the following Saturday.  Brooke planned an entire day for me which started out by getting pedicures followed by a 1 hour massage, shopping were she bought me the cutest bracelet and lunch at one of my favorite places, Peir 49 Pizza.

Then that evening they surprised me twice.  The first was when my parents showed up to babysit all of our kids so we could go out to eat as couples.  The next was when we got to the restaurant and 2 other couples were there.  One of the girls that was there is a friend that I haven't seen since 6th grade! Our good friends Nate and Cass Hansen were also there but left before I thought to take out my camera for some pictures.  It was so much fun and I am so grateful to everyone who came and spent time planning this awesome day for me, Especially Brooke!
 I was also surprised to find out that Brooke and Cody and their kids were staying till Tuesday instead of Sunday and that Abe also got work off the entire time they were here!  On Monday we all went to the Hogle Zoo compliments of Goldman Sachs.  It was chilly but so much fun.  The animals were much more active and it wasn't crowded at all.  I definitely recommend going this time of year.
 This is Brook and her husband Cody and their kids, Ava and Noah.  They have a 1 year old baby Luke that is not in the picture because he went home early with Cody's family.
 Abe with the boys.
 Now as spectacular as the birthday weekend was... this was probably one of the coolest things I have ever done.  We were by the tigers cage and this tiger started playing with me.  No joke, it was playing with me!  I would run along the fence and he would chase me.  Then when I got to the end of his cage I would turn around and he would wait for me to take off and then he would turn and chase me back the other way.  He wouldn't do it with anyone else and we ran back and fourth probably at least 10 time before the rest of my group wanted to move on.  I could have stayed there all day.  Seriously who gets to play with a full grown tiger???


Turning 30 was the best!  I think I will turn 30 every year from now on!!  Thank you mom and dad and my brothers and sisters, Abe, Brooke, Cody, Cass, Nate, Jenn and DJ for an awesome birthday weekend!!!

1 comments:

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Woah!!! What an amazing birthday!! You so deserve it and I am so glad you had an awesome one. First of all..did you know that peppermint patties are my favorite? I buy the big box from Costco! I have been enjoying one with a cup of hot cocoa every night...love it! I love that you love them. Also the tiger thing is super cool!