CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baby Shower goodies

So a few weeks ago I helped throw a baby shower for my cute friend Dannii and I have to show off some of the super cute goodies I made for it!
These tiny cookies are so yummy! They are very addictive so it is a good thing they are so small. They are called Melt away cookies and their name describes exactly what happens when you eat one, it literally melts away in your mouth. The lemon frosting is what gives it, it's sweet flavor!
We had a rubber ducky theme so I made these little chocolates as party favors. I have to say, I was pretty proud about how they turned out. The picture doesn't give them justice. They were darling in real life. They are white chocolate dyed yellow and the bottom is dark brown chocolate. I have never made chocolates before and they are surprisingly easy to do. I highly recommend these for your next shower.
Dannii has a specially affinity with Nutella so I made these super yummy sugar cookies shaped like duckies (Thanks to Brooke's mother in law, Char, for the recipe!), then I put Nutella in between them and made little sandwich cookies. They were pretty good, but I think these cookies are better with frosting. I couldn't get enough Nutella between the cookies without it spilling out...

Even though we had a snow storm the day of the shower it turned out great and we had a good time.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

You really did a great job on that baby shower! Cute, cute, cute!

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Wow! You did an awesome job! please share recipes! Sorry you guys are so snowed in. At least you and your hubby get to be together. That makes it more enjoyable!

Brooke said...

You are so talented Meg! What an adorable shower!!!