CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 19, 2010

Ward Spaghetti Dinner

Tonight we went to the fourth annual Reston Ward Spaghetti dinner. It is put on by the youth in our ward and people bring thing like homemade items and baked goods to auction off to raise money for the years youth camps and activities. This year I made a Spaghetti dinner cake to auction off.
I love my miniature items! I think everything is cuter in miniature.
I hand painted most of the fondant with food coloring and I under estimated how long it would take to dry. So it was still very wet when we went tonight... oh well, it was cute and someone took it home for $47!
I love making and decorating these cakes but the funny thing is, I have only actually had a piece of one of them ever. It is probably for the best though. I would be eating cake far too often.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! That's amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow you amaze me with your many talents! I wish you lived closer... maybe some of that could rub off on me:)

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

What an awesome cake! That is truly a work of art, what great details. You have great talent for that!

Amberlin Gefrom said...

Good land Meg! You are so talented! That cake is so awesome. I wish I had awesome skills like that....seriously!

Brooke said...

This is SO awesome Meg. I am in awe of your skills!!

B said...

That really is amazing, Meg. Nice job - even the spaghetti on the cake looks yummy.

Fabulous Ford said...

Amy wants a sample ( so do I.) Your cakes & pies, Christmas, Ward Party etc really are amazing. The detail is fabulous. What a fun hobbie besides you are so talented. Abe you have a very creative wife! Lucky for all of us, especially you! Thanks for sharing in pics.